Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana was started by the Government of India in 2015 to spread awareness about the negative attitude of the society towards girls and to promote their education. Even in today’s time, girls are facing a lot of problems in the society. Keeping this in mind, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana was started by the Central Government. It aims to prevent gender-biased sex-selective elimination, ensure the survival, and protection of the girl child, and ensure the education and participation of the girl child.
The program is implemented through various initiatives and schemes, including awareness campaigns, incentive-based schemes for girl child education, and support for improving access to education and health services. In this article, the process of applying, purpose of the scheme, benefits, features, eligibility, important documents etc. are explained in detail.
The program is receiving wide support from various sections of the society including NGOs, community leaders and celebrities. However, there have also been many criticisms regarding the effectiveness of the program and its impact on the ground. India still has a long way to go to achieve gender equality.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana
|Yojana Name||Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana|
|Start Sate||22 Jan 2015|
|Launched by||by the central government|
|Catrgory||Central Government Scheme|
|Department Name||Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Health|
|Beneficiary||All women of india|
|Objective||Provide awareness to girls|
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana 2023
Daughters are the pride of the family, region and country, today daughters do all the work that men can do. But in rural areas, girls are facing problems related to basic needs like education and health. Even in terms of sex ratio, the number of girls is less than that of men. To remove this discrimination in some areas of the society, awareness campaign is conducted by the government from time to time.
This scheme has been started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 January 2015. Through this scheme, the aim is to empower the girls and enable them to grow and become self-reliant. Major programs of this scheme include secondary education to girls, making them aware about menstrual hygiene. In this program, a manual has also been issued, through which the implementation of the scheme in the districts will be done properly.
The main objectives of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme are as follows
Stop gender-biased abortion – The objective of this scheme is to stop sex-selective abortion and safeguard the survival of the girl child and ensure the safety of the girl child.
Improvement in Child Sex Ratio – The main objective of this scheme is to improve the Child Sex Ratio (CSR) by increasing the awareness among the people. This will prevent miscarriage.
Promoting the education of girls – Today girls are deprived of education, through this scheme to encourage girls for education and provide them equal opportunities to access education and other opportunities.
Empowerment of girls – including improving the health and nutrition of girls. To create a safe society and environment by providing them vocational training and their development. So that they can be empowered.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana aims to bring a positive change in the mindset of the people towards the girl child and promote gender equality in the country. The Center is working to make it even more effective. For this, the government has included upgrading several district centers across the country. In addition, several centers directed towards women are being set up.
What is the goal of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana
- To prevent gender-biased sex-selective elimination of girls.
- To ensure survival, protection and education of the girl child.
- To raise awareness about the value of the girl child and promote their education.
- To enable girls to reach their full potential and participate in all aspects of life without discrimination.
- To improve the sex ratio of districts by 2 points in 1 year on the basis of gender.
- Providing toilets for girls in each school of selected districts.
- To make girls aware about menstruation
- To increase the enrollment of girls in secondary education to 82 percent.
- To protect children from crimes and to promote a protective society for the girl child under the Act 2012.
- Reducing the number of girls suffering from anemia and improving the nutritional level of girls.
Document required for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana
Along with promoting education and empowerment of girls through Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) scheme, prevention of gender-based discrimination is also included. This is one of the most successful scheme of the central government. Through this, the condition of girls in the society has to be improved. It is necessary to have the necessary documents to take advantage of this scheme, although all these documents may vary depending on the bank or financial institution.
- Identity proof of parent/guardian
- active mobile number
- Address proof of parent/guardian
- birth certificate of girl child
- active mobile number
- Passport photos of parents/guardian and girl child
It is recommended to check with the bank or financial institution offering the deposit scheme to know the exact list of documents required for that particular scheme.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana Benefits
There are going to be many benefits if the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme is implemented step by step.
- Feticide will be stopped under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme.
- It has drawn attention to the issue of gender-based discrimination and the need for empowerment of girls. It has helped raise awareness about the importance of girls’ education
- The plan has also led to the development of targeted programs and interventions to address gender discrimination and support girls’ education.
- Apart from this, the survival and safety of the girl child will be ensured.
- Has helped create a supportive environment for girls’ education by involving communities and government officials.
- Presently this scheme is being implemented in every district of the country.
- Through this scheme, the standard of living of daughters will improve and their future will become bright.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana Apply Online
Many schemes are going on like this scheme, some of these schemes are as follows, such as Sukanya Samriddhi, Ladli Laxmi Yojana, Balika Samriddhi Yojana, and Dhanalakshmi Yojana. Whoever wants to apply for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao yojana, you can take advantage of it by following the process given below.
- Visit the official website of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana (BBBPY), which is www.betibachaobetipadhao.co.in.
- On the homepage, click on the “Register” button.
- Fill the required details like your name, email address, mobile number etc.
- Create a username and password for your account.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Once you get registered. So you can login to your account, and apply for the scheme.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana is not a financial aid scheme, but a program run to raise awareness about the importance of girl child education, including the issue of declining sex ratio. . Although many other programs and schemes have been launched like this. In which you can also get financial assistance by applying.
Important Points Beti bachao beti padhao scheme
- Among the selected districts, there were 87 districts in 23 states whose sex ratio was less than the national sex ratio.
- Special attention was given to 8 such districts of 8 states where there was a decrease in the rate of birth of girls.
- The government has also selected 5 such districts which can be presented as examples (models).
- Very good results were seen in these five districts. There has been a significant increase in the sex ratio in these districts.
- In the second phase, the government selected 61 such districts from 11 states where the sex ratio was less than 918/1000.
- Preventing child marriage through compulsory registration of marriages
- The expenditure and execution will be reviewed half-yearly by the State Task Force.
The plan includes several initiatives, such as improving access to education for girls, creating public awareness campaigns, enforcing stricter laws against gender-based discrimination and violence, and promoting girls’ participation in sports and other extra-curricular activities.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign is a crucial initiative that aims to promote the education and empowerment of girls and women in India. The campaign has been successful in raising awareness about the importance of girls’ education
Through this article, an attempt has been made to provide all the important information about Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana. But still if you are facing any problem in understanding it, then you can ask by commenting. With this, you can also contact on the numbers issued by the government.
I hope that you will like this article, if you want any kind of information related to this scheme, then you must tell by commenting. For information about similar latest satkari yojana, definitely follow our Facebook page.
- Padho Pardesh Scheme
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- National Scholarship Portal