Diseases Coverd By Ayushman Bharat Scheme: Ayushman Bharat Yojana (ABY) has started from 25 September. It has been implemented across the country from 25 September on the birth anniversary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay. Under the Ayushman scheme, the Central Government is providing health insurance of Rs 5 lakh annually to 50 crore people of the country.
PM-JAY or ABY can prove to be a very useful step for the people of the deprived sections in the country. The government believes that a health insurance scheme up to five lakh rupees can help in removing the health problem of a large population of the country.
ABY is also called Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY). This is actually a health insurance scheme for the poor people of the country.
List of Critical Diseases covered under Ayushman Bharat Health Scheme
- Double valve replacement
- Prostate cancer
- Coronary ABG
- Carotid angioplasty with stent
- Anterior spine fixation
- Pulmonary valve replacement
- Skull base surgery
- Tissue expander for disfigurement in case of burns
Key Points Of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Under Ayushman Bharat Yojana (ABY), health insurance of up to Rs 5 lakh per family is available every year.
- Chronic diseases are also covered in Modicare.
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses are also being covered in case of any illness
- In case of any illness, all medical examinations/operations/treatments etc. are covered under PM-JAY.
Ayushman bharat scheme benefits
- 10.74 crore families of the country can take advantage of PM-JAY.
- These families have been identified as poor and deprived of facilities.
- Socio-economic caste census data has been used to take advantage of Ayushman Bharat Yojana (ABY).
- No family size or age limit has been fixed to take advantage of PM-JAY.
How to take advantage of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Any hospital included in the empaneled health insurance is being treated without paying (cashless) in ABY. Under the scheme, private hospitals that meet the criteria are placed in the online panel. Treatment can be done in any hospital in the country. NITI Aayog has developed an IT framework for cashless or paperless treatment for Ayushman Bharat Scheme (ABY).
Where will the amount spent on ABY come from?
- The cost of Ayushman Bharat Yojana (ABY) is being shared by the state and central governments.
- State’s share is necessary in ABY.
- The central government is sending money directly from the escrow account to the health agency of the state.
- The estimated cost of ABY is Rs 12 thousand crore.
If you liked this article of ours, then do not forget to like and share it, thank you for reading this article till the end….